Jungian Alchemy Course
– 6 Sessions in which took place between November 2013 and June 2014
On November 23rd, 2013 the Asheville Jung Center hosted an enormously successful Introduction to Alchemy with Dr. Stein. There was a strong request from participants to go deeper into this mysterious aspect of Jungian psychology. Dr. Stein then graciously offered to lead a course on Alchemy during the first half of 2014. The courses took place monthly and the information in the seminars has been spectacular. You can register for the recordings for all 6 lectures for one price of $107. Each lecture can be viewed via download or streaming video.
The course reading syllabus is listed below. Participants are not expected to complete readings for each seminar but it would be helpful if you are able to view this material. Continuing Education Credit can also be purchased.
$107: 6 Seminars; Online Streaming Videos, 1.5 Hours each
$247: 18.0 CEU Package (3.0 CE per seminar)
1. Introduction to Alchemy; Originally Held 11/23/13
2. Alchemical Images as “States of Mind”; Originally Held 2/8/14
3. Alchemy as a Model for Psychological and Spiritual Work (The Opus); Originally Held 4/5/14
4. An Alchemical Process as Shown in a Dream Series; Originally Held 4/26/14
5. Alchemy as a Guide for Transformation in Analysis; Originally Held 5/31/14
6. Three Stages in the Development of Consciousness; Originally Held 6/28/14
Murray Stein Ph.D., is a supervising training analyst and former president of The International School of Analytical Psychology in Zurich, Switzerland (ISAP Zurich). He is the author of The Principle of Individuation and many other books and articles in the field of Jungian Psychoanalysis. From 2001 to 2004 he was president of the International Association for Analytical Psychology. He has lectured internationally and presently makes his home in Switzerland.
Suggested Reading List:
1) “An introduction to Jung’s writings on alchemy” (Reading: Memories, Dreams Reflections, Chap. 7);
2) “On using alchemical images and concepts in Jungian psychology” (Reading: “Basic Concepts of Alchemy,” Collected Works Vol 12, Part. 3);
3) ”Individuation as alchemical opus” (Reading: “The Psychic Nature of the Alchemical Work,” Collected Works Vol 12, Part. 3);
4) “An alchemical amplification of individuation in a dream series” (Reading: “Individual Dream Symbolism in Relation to Alchemy,” Collected Works Vol 12, Part. 2);
5) “An alchemical model for individuation through relationship” (Reading: “The Psychology of the Transference,” Collected Works Vol 16);
6) “An alchemical account of three stages in the development of consciousness” (Reading: “The Conjunction,” Collected Works Vol 14, Chapter 6).
The Asheville Jung Center is a National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) – Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) and may offer NBCC – approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP solely is responsible of all aspects of the program. (Provider # 6594)
Target Audience: MFTs, LCSWs, LPC’s, Psychologists, Psychiatrists, Counselors, Therapists, and others wishing to gain a deeper understanding of Jungian Psychology
Continuing Education Course Schedule: 1. View video seminar 2. Review supplemental material (if present) 3. Take post-seminar exam 4. Fill out evaluation survey
Instructional level for Counselors, Social Workers and Psychologists: Intermediate Practitioner
Course Delivery Format: All Asheville Jung Center lectures are primarily online seminars and are essentially Non-Interactive except for email communication with us.
Course Completion Requirements: In order to receive CE credit for this course, participants must: pay the appropriate CE fee, view the entire seminar, review any supplementary materials if appropriate, complete a course evaluation (online), and pass a brief online examination on the material. Certificates can be downloaded immediately after passing the exam. All CE recipients must attest that the name and license number on the certificate matches the individual completing the materials.
Commercial Support for CE Seminar: None
Approval Information by Jurisdiction: Asheville Jung Center seminars often have participants from across the United States as well as 50 other countries. Seminars are approved for continuing education by the National Board for Certified Counselors. Please consult your state’s licensing board to verify that you may use these credits professionally.
Deadline for Cancellations or Refunds: Please request any cancellations for refunds at least 24 hours prior to a seminar being presented for the first time. Refunds for seminars that have already occurred and to which access has been already granted cannot be accepted unless there is a technical or other superseding problem. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
ADA Accommodations: Asheville Jung Center seminars may be viewed from any home computer with appropriate internet access. If you have a disability that would interfere with your viewing a seminar on your computer, please contact us and we can look at all available formats. email@example.com
Complaints or Grievances: Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any complaints or grievances. Click here to see our grievance policy.
Contact information: Please contact us via email at email@example.com